Pattan Falls, located in Poblacion, Bakun, Benguet, is one of the major falls in the municipality due to its towering height and proximity to Mt. Kabunian.
Bakun, Benguet was initially known to tourist of its beautiful mountains. Lately, the waterfalls of this wonderful place is also gaining attention. Of the major falls, Pattan seems to have found a place in hiker’s itinerary primarily due to its proximity to Mt. Kabunian.
Unlike other waterfalls, Pattan falls has a couple of interesting points to offer. One, the height of the waterfall is towering and is approximately 150 meters, according to Uncle Max, one of the pillars of tour guiding in Bakun. This makes the sound of the water fall so loud that you can hear it several meters away even before having a glimpse of it.
Two, it generates an amazing RAINBOW! Yup, rainbow guys. So, if you are still trying to get that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, this is one of the right places to be.
The images below show the whole length and levels of Pattan Falls as seen from Mangta Falls.
The video below shows Pattan Falls in its towering splendor.
Other Notable Waterfalls in the Area
- Mangta falls
- Pikaw falls
- Sakup falls
- Tekip falls
- Tres Marias falls
- Bakun Trio (Mt. Tenglawan, Mt. Lobo, Mt. Kabunian)
- Nagasa Cave
Where to Stay in Bakun
- Option 1. Old Municipal Hall at Php80.00 per night per person. Pro: cheap. Cons: bring your own sleeping gears; food** not included.
- Option 2. Sagunday Transient at Php200.00 per night per person. Pros: you get to sleep in a bed with foam, bedding, CR, and with kitchen and cooking utensils (yes, you can cook and stores are a stone’s throw away. Con: food** not included.
** You can arrange with the barangay officials to cook for you at around Php200.00.
- Mr. Arthur Tolito (Municipal Tourism Officer): +63 921 211 3687
- Ms. Nenita Budas (BTC President): +63 918 352 3722
Expenses (food not included) as of May 2019
- Baguio City to Km. 5, La Trinidad: Php10.00
- Bus fare from La Trinidad to Bakun: Php180.00
- Accommodation: Php80.00-200.00
- Environmental fee: Php75.00 per person
- Guide fee (Per guide per group [max of 6 pax per group]. In excess of 6 members, additional heads will pay Php75.00 each. However, if the total participants are beyond 8, it is mandatory to have two guides. Further, in excess of the maximum hours, the guide will be paid additional Php50.00 per hour):
- Php600.00 (6 hours)
- There are also packages if you want to go to more than one waterfalls and/or site with Mangta Falls (valid for a day, unless specified):
- Mangta and Pattan falls: Php1000.00
- Mangta, Pattan, and Tekip falls: Php1300.00
- Mangta, Pattan, Pikaw and Tekip falls: Php1600.00
Can’t get enough of Bakun waterfalls? Visit the following page for more information on other waterfall packages:
- Always practice the LNT principles.
- Be early taking jeep from Baguio City to La Trinidad as traffic might get heavy.
- Get in touch with the contact persons listed above for to verify for any changes in transportation schedules, fees, temporary closure of sites, etc. This will also give them ample time to prepare for your accommodation.
- Be courteous to the locals, tourism and local guidelines, the culture, and of the place itself.
- Do not dare the pool if you do not know how to swim.
5 thoughts on “Pattan Falls, Bakun, Benguet”